These steps are for both domestic and international students self-enrolling in undergraduate or postgraduate course units.

To access your self enrolment steps sign into myMurdoch and select MyInfo. Click on 'Self-enrolment' under the Course Details tab and you can begin the self-enrolment process.

If you are an eligible student in a Commonwealth supported place, you need to complete an ECAF to accept your place. If you meet the HECS-HELP eligibility you can also nominate to defer your fees in the ECAF. Eligible postgraduate students can complete the ECAF to defer their fees to a FEE-HELP loan. You will need to enter your Tax File Number (TFN) if you are selecting to defer your fees.

You can also complete an SA-HELP form to defer your Student Services and Amenities Fee, if eligible.

Self-enrolment steps

You need to complete each step before you can proceed through to the next step. Watch our video for a step-by-step walkthrough, or follow the steps below.

The first step is the disclaimer, where you agree to comply with the conditions of study at Murdoch.
The second step is address, where you confirm both your postal and residential addresses, as well as your emergency contact details.
The next step is your USI verification, which stands for Unique Student Identifier. If you haven’t got a USI yet, you can create one for free through the Australian Government’s USI website. All students (including international students) will need to provide a verified USI to enrol or graduate.
In the Services step, you can manage your Guild membership, register your SmartRider, and let us know if you’re in the Australian Defence Force or a professional athlete.

We are required by the Australian Government to record this information for your enrolment. Please read all questions carefully.

  • If you choose to disclose a disability please contact the Access & Inclusion team with with medical evidence to set up an EQAL plan for support. There is a link on the page to the ADCET website, which provides advice on disability disclosure.
  • If you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage you to connect with our Kulbardi Aboriginal Centre.
Now we have the Course step, which is where you view your course details and let us know when you expect to complete your course. You can adjust this at any time during your studies.

The next two steps – ECAF Form and SA-Help – apply to domestic students only. If you’re an international student, you can skip ahead to the Units step.

  • The first step is the ECAF Form, which stands for Electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form. You’ll need your Tax File Number handy.
  • If you’re studying on a Commonwealth-supported place, you complete the ECAF to accept your place and request a HECS-HELP loan, if you’re eligible.
  • If you’re on a full-fee paying place, you may be eligible to complete the ECAF to defer your fees to a FEE-HELP loan.

The second step is the SA-HELP Form. This has got to do with your Student Services and Amenities Fee, often called the ‘SSAF’.

  • The SSAF helps pay for services that support your studies, such as Careers and Counselling.
  • Eligible domestic students can use this form to defer their SSAF payment.

Unit Selection

The Units step is where you enrol in your units for the year.

  • If you’re not sure what units you need, you can find course plans online.
  • If you’re an international student in a postgraduate course, your units may have already been added for you.
  • To add a unit, click ‘Add units’ and search by unit code.
  • Select the option that has the teaching period (for example S1 is Semester 1), study mode (D for internal or X for external), and location that you want. Then click ‘add to cart’.
  • You can then click ‘add more units’ and repeat or click ‘undo’ to remove units.
  • Once you’ve finished adding all your required units for the year, don’t forget to press ‘save changes’!
    If 'save changes' doesn't work, click 'undo all changes' then save again.
  • After you’ve saved your changes, check your enrolment to make sure it shows all the units you have enrolled in.

Units advice:

  • If a unit is showing as ‘invalid’, roll over the red text to find out why.
  • To remove a unit, simply check the ‘delete’ box and save changes. The status of your unit should change from enrolled to ‘discontinued’ automatically if you have saved your changes.

Next Steps

You have now completed your Self Enrolment Steps. Your course status will initially appear as ‘inactive’. Don’t worry, this is correct! It will automatically switch to ‘enrolled’ in your first week of study.

Next: Sign up for classes

Steps to enrolment

  1. Plan your units
  2. Complete self-enrolment
  3. Sign up for classes

Get advice

You can get specific advice regarding your enrolment during Orientation Week.

If you can’t attend your orientation session, you can seek help from myMurdoch Advice student success advisors, or by contacting your academic chair.

IT support

If you are experiencing issues signing in to MyInfo, try resetting your password. If you are still having issues signing in, contact IT Services.

Transnational students

If you’re studying at our Singapore or Dubai campuses, your enrolment is managed by your local partner institution.

Contact the program management team at your local partner institution for details.

OUA students

Enrol in additional subjects directly through the Open Universities Australia website.