Enrolling in OnTrack Sprint and OnTrack Flex can be done online. It helps to have your student number and SmartRider number ready before getting started. You can add your SmartRider at any time if you haven’t currently got one.

You can enrol in your units by logging into myInfo then completing the self-enrolment steps. If you experience any issues with your self-enrolment steps, please contact:

Self-enrolment steps

This is your declaration that you will comply with the conditions of use at Murdoch University. You only need to do this once per year.

The second step is address, where you confirm both your postal and residential addresses, as well as your emergency contact details.

The next step is your USI verification, which stands for Unique Student Identifier. If you haven’t got a USI yet, you can create one for free through the Australian Government’s USI website.  All students (including international students) will need to provide a verified USI to enrol or graduate.

You can choose to be a Murdoch Student Guild member, apply for a student concession SmartRider and nominate if you’re a member of the Australian Defence Force.

The Elite Athlete Program is not available to Enabling students so please select ‘none’. If you play sport at a national or international level, you could be eligible for the program once you start an undergraduate degree.

We are required to record this information for your enrolment. Please read all questions carefully. Most questions are straightforward but some points to note include:

  • Question 1: If you have a disability and wish to disclose it to the University, our Equity Access and Diversity Office may be able to support you in your studies. If you select to be contacted, we will contact you to make an appointment to discuss how we can assist you.
  • Question 2: Our Kulbardi Aboriginal Centre provides academic and cultural support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. For more information, visit Kulbardi Aboriginal Centre.
  • Question 9: If you didn’t complete Year 12, TAFE or any other qualification or certificate, select ‘no prior education attainment’.
You can view your course name, status and campus location, then click next.

OnTrack Sprint and OnTrack Flex are fully funded, so you will not incur any fees, however you need to complete the Commonwealth Assistance Form (ECAF Form). This ensures we are eligible to receive federal funding for your place in the program. You need to complete this question as follows:

  • Section D: Tax File Number (TFN)
    Your tax file number is not mandatory to enrol in an enabling program. However, all university study after completing an Enabling Program will incur fees. Further information about the Commonwealth Assistance Form is available at StudyAssist.
  • Question 9: select ‘I do not want a HECS-HELP loan. I am applying for a CSP only and will pay my student contribution amounts upfront and in full’.
  • Question 10: select ‘Full upfront payment of my student contribution amount.’
This is only relevant to eligible students who are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fees (SSAF). You will not be charged for this fee in an enabling course so please skip this step.

Find the unit code by clicking on the course structure button on the course pages of OnTrack Sprint and OnTrack Flex, then:

  • add the units by searching for the unit code. Select the relevant teaching period and location then press ‘add to cart’
  • make sure you press ‘save my changes’ button once you finish adding units to ensure your enrolment is saved
  • select the option that has the teaching period (for example S1 is Semester 1), study mode (D for internal or X for external), and location that you want, then click ‘add to cart’
  • click ‘add more units’ and repeat or click ‘undo’ to remove units
  • once you’ve finished adding all your required units for the year, don’t forget to press ‘save changes’ – if that doesn't work, click 'undo all changes' then save again
  • after you’ve saved your changes, check your enrolment to make sure it shows all the units you have enrolled in
  • refer back to the plan your units guide if you need assistance.

Units advice:

  • If a unit is showing as ‘invalid’, roll over the red text to find out why.
  • To remove a unit, check the ‘delete’ box and save changes. The status of your unit should change from enrolled to ‘discontinued’ automatically if you have saved your changes.

What Next?

You have now completed your self enrolment steps. Your course status will initially appear as ‘inactive’. Don’t worry, this is correct! It will automatically switch to ‘enrolled’ in your first week of study.

Next: Sign up for classes

Steps to enrolment

  1. Plan your units
  2. Complete self-enrolment
  3. Sign up for classes

Get advice

You can get specific advice regarding your enrolment during Orientation Week.

For class sign up advice, contact Student Central

For advice planning your units and discussing your study options, contact myMurdoch Advice or your Academic Chair or Unit Coordinator.

Transnational students

If you’re studying at our Singapore or Dubai campuses, your enrolment is managed by your local partner institution.

Contact the program management team at your local partner institution for details.

OUA students

Enrol in additional subjects directly through the Open Universities Australia website.